System software version 7.1P6 supports all the previous Macintosh Performa models, and has all the features described for for 7.1, 7.0.1P, 7.1P, 7.1P1, 7.1P2, and 7.1P3 (not 7.1P5) with the following modifications:
- Backup Partition Software-automatically detects corrupted system folders When a bad System Folder is detected, the user is given the option to re-load another System Folder into their system.
- CD ROM Support-supports the AppleCD 300+, an all other Apple drives
- New Instructional Products Suite-adds a searchable hypertext glossary. It also provides paths for electronic as well as phone-based third party support.
- HyperCard 2.2 Player includes a number of HyperCard stacks to provide additional functionality, and supports sales of the HyperCard 2.2 development kit.
- Improved incorrect shut-down dialog.
- Improvements to Apple Backup and Apple Restore.
- Inclusion of the '040 cache switch-provides compatibility with certain '040 cache incompatible programs, such as the current version of Prodigy.
- Optimus Support
- Bug fixes to improve reliability.