System 7.1P5 was released in January 1994 for the Performa 560.
- Mouse Basics, Mouse Practice, Performa Basics, Sharing Your Computer, Why Back Up, 800-SOS-APPL, DOS Compatibility and Helpful Tips are compressed using Application VISE 2.1.1. This results in the fulfillment kit fitting on eight disks plus the Utilities disk versus nine disks plus Utilities.
- An alias to AppleCD Audio Player is in the Apple Menu.
- Includes the latest LaserWriter 300 and StyleWriter II drivers.
- Apple Restore 1.3 When Restore finishes (because all software is installed or the user quit early) the last dialog has a restart button instead of asking for the Utilities disk. This forces a restart, causing a rebuild of the desktop.
- Rolled in all Apple HD SC Setup 7.2.1 fixes.
- General controls 7.1P3 desktop default pattern is second instead of third pattern.
- Performa 1.0 fixed this bug: when saving a document in an open application with the Performa control panel window open, Performa preference settings reverted to saved settings.
- Cleaned up the "not shut down correctly" dialog in the shut down check, an extension in the Performa control panel.
- The standard file patch, an extension in the Performa control panel, now resolves aliases most of the time. When aliases don't resolve, an 'X' appears over the Performa icon during startup.
- Added a file icon for the desk accessory called Shut Down 1.0P.