System 7.1P1 was released in late 1992, as an update for all Performa models made to that date. It included all the features described for 7.1, 7.0.1P, and 7.1P with the following exceptions:
- Memory control panel: The RAM disk memory could be set too high in version 7.1P. A change in the Memory control panel prevents this.
- Installs CD-ROM 4.0.2 and StyleWriter II drivers
- Pre-configures At Ease icons The application buttons appear automatically and don't require manual placement.
- System enabler modification: There have been reports that the floppy drive sometimes won't eject disks. A modification to the system enabler corrects this.
- Minor interface changes: There are a few cosmetic changes, like moving the Mouse Basics icon to the far left side of the screen.
- Serial driver for communications