System 1.0, Finder 1.0 (Macintosh System Software)
Other points of note:
- List view featured no icons; there was no "View by small icon" option either.
- The icon for a floppy disk was slightly different than in later versions; the protective shutter was drawn in black on an otherwise white floppy disk.
- The Control Panel was very compact, featured almost no text labels, and had only one pane.
- There was no Shut Down command.
- MFS (Macintosh File System) was the only file system format supported. It did not support a nested directory structure. Folders were instead stored in the Finder's Desktop file and were unavailable outside the Finder.
- There was no New Folder command. There was one folder provided by default that could be duplicated if needed.
- The Open and Save dialogue boxes gave folders no recognition at all.
- It could only run one application at one time.
- There was no colour at all.