All times are in San Francisco time (PST).
- 11:00: Keynote wraps up.
- 10:55: iPod Shuffle shipping today
- 10:48: Apple releases iPod Shuffle
- 10:40: iTunes: 230M songs sold, 1.25M per day, 500M per year, 70% market share, 15 countries, over 1M iTunes prepaid cards sold over last quarter. iPod: 4.5M iPods sold over past holiday season.
- 10:38: Apple unleashes Mac mini, lowest price USD 499, brushed metal square ComboDrive, USB 2.0, FireWire 400, DVI, VGA connectivity
- 10:32: iWork has the Pages application, which is incredibly simple to use. In 40 templates designed by Apple, you can drag and drop images and enter text over the placeholder items.
- 10:25: Apple releases iWork, the successor to AppleWorks, ready on January 22, 2005, USD 79, free on all new Macs. Keynote 2 also revealed.
- 10:15: GarageBand getting an update as well. John Meyer demoing. New version has Jam Pack 4, Orchestral (a no. 1 request), you can also make your own loops.
- 10:10: iDVD gets an upgrade as well: 15 new themes, animated drop zones, more.
- 10:05: The Apple Store is now offline, very possibly for updates, Apple CEO Steve Jobs discussing with Sony CEO on cooperation.
- 10:00: OK, Keynote's been going on for an hour. Now new iMovie: HD video supported, new transitions and effects.
- 09:52: New iPhoto: More formats, editing, new books, project folders, supports MPEG-4 movies, RAW format.
- 09:48: Final Cut Express HD announced for a February 2005 availability; iLife 05: all apps get a major update.
- 09:38: Mac OS X 10.4 still to ship "in first half of 2005"
- 09:34: QuickTime facts: QuickTime 7 biggest update in past 7 years; QuickTime 6 downloaded 3 billion times, 98% by Microsoft Windows users as Mac users get QuickTime along with the Mac OS; biggest news in QuickTime 7 is compatibility with H.264 codec.
- 09:30: QuickTime 7 to be released today
- 09:26: Finder to 10.4 to get Smart Folders; iTunes artwork can be created as a screensaver.
- 09:25: Looks like Steve Jobs is having a few technical difficulties...
- 09:19: Mac OS X 10.4 to have 200 new features
- 09:16: Mac OS X info: 14 million active users, Mac OS X 10.4 5th major relase of the operating system.
- 09:11: Apple Store: 1 million visitors a week, Steve Jobs now on stage
- 09:09: Black Eyed Peas music now playing
- 09:07: Inside the hall: all mobile phones and pagers off please!
- 09:06: OK -- Vertigo from U2 playing; this once was the soundtrack of an Apple iPod ad
- 09:01: People are still coming into the hall
- 09:00: The Keynote should be getting underway now.
- 08:20: Hong Kong broadcaster Phoenix TV reports that the expo today may affect trading on the NASDAQ.
| Macworld Conference & Expo San Francisco 2005|
Steve Jobs Keynote | New products released
Mac OS X 10.4 | QuickTime 7 | Final Cut Express HD | iLife '05 (iTunes 4.7.1 | iPhoto 5 | iMovie HD | iDVD 5 | GarageBand 2) | iWork '05 (Keynote 2 | Pages) | Mac mini | iPod shuffle | iPod Updater 2005-01-11