Mac OS X 10.4.5 was released on February 14, 2006. It has the build number 8H14.
This update offers many improvements, including:
Internet, iDisk, and networking
- Safari no longer quits unexpectedly when deleting AOL mail messages via AOL webmail.
- Apple's IPSec VPN client now works with Cisco servers whether or not NAT is used.
- Addresses an issue in which you could not sync with an iDisk larger than 4 GB.
- Files copied across a network via Portable Home Directories are now copied as temporary files until the transfer is complete, in case the network connection is interrupted before the transfer finished.
- Addresses an issue in which some Epson printers could not successfully print via AirPort Extreme.
- Allows the rotating cube effect to appear as expected on both a primary and a mirrored display, when switching users via Fast User switching.
- Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.4.4 in which background columns of text within the RSS Visualizer screen saver are sometimes superimposed over one another.
- Dragging a widget out of the widget bar while the desktop picture is changing (automatically, for example) no longer stops the animation on an Intel-based Mac.
- On an Intel-based Mac, Telestream Flip4Mac now installs correctly.
- Prevents the Setup Assistant from unexpectedly quitting if Kotoeri is selected as the keyboard type following an English language installation of Mac OS X.
- Allows applications that run using Rosetta on an Intel-based Mac to successfully open files that are located via an Open window's "search" field.
- Addresses an issue in which Rosetta-translated applications running on Intel-based Macs would not correctly receive Keychain notifications.
- Console no longer reports a series of "Quartz Composer QuickTime Component" messages for iMovie '06 when applying a Ken Burns clip or image.
- Addresses an issue for iMovie HD and Mac OS X 10.4.4 in which iMovie could unexpectedly quit when switching themes.
- Updated the rules for time zones and Daylight Savings Time to conform to changes in the law for the United States, Australia, and other locations, for 2006 and later.
- Addresses a potential issue that could cause the system process "configd" to unexpectedly stall.
- Addresses an issue when viewing streaming media behind a firewall on Intel Macs.
- Eliminates some potential video redraw issues when using Front Row on Intel-based Macs.