- This article describes the version of Mac OS X 10.2.8 intended for use on Power Macintosh G5 computers. For the version which is intended for all other Mac OS X Macs, see Mac OS X 10.2.8 Build 6R73.
Mac OS X 10.2.8 (G5), released on October 3, 2003, is an update to Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar".
- AirPort: The G5 will now wake up from sleep if both an AirPort Extreme card and some types of PCI cards are installed.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth devices now are available after the Mac wakes up from sleep.
- CD burning: Support for various disc burners from Logitech, MCE, Format, TDK and LaCie were added.
- Classic environment: Kernel panics no longer occur if the Classic environment is started with more than 2 GB of RAM installed.
- iChat: iChat now works better via AirPort networks.
- Internal modem: Stability when using the "Return to command state" modem string command (;) with an Apple Internal USB Modem (v.92) is now improved. The modem also maintains better connections to certain types of v.34 modems.
- USB 2.0: Keyspan Twin Serial adapters now work better when connected to a USB 2.0 hub.
The latest Security Updates, along with updated security services, are now also bundled with the update.
Only Mac OS X 10.2.7 can be upgraded to this version of the Mac OS.