macOS 10.12.5 was an update to macOS 10.12 released on May 15, 2017.
- Fixes an issue where audio may stutter when played through USB headphones.
- Enhances compatibility of the Mac App Store with future software updates.
- Adds support for media-free installation of Windows 10 Creators Update using Boot Camp.
- Adds support for more digital camera RAW formats.
- Resolves an issue, affecting some enterprise and education customers, that may cause the system date to be set to the year 2040.
- Prevents a potential kernel panic when starting up from a NetInstall image. This fix is available when starting up from a NetInstall image created from the macOS 10.12.5 installer.
See Apple Security Updates for detailed information about the security content of this update.