September 20, 2013
iOS7.0 - iOS 7.0.4 (latest)
123.8 mm (4.87 in) H 58.6 mm (2.31 in) W 7.6 mm (0.30 in) D
A similar version of the iPhone 5s was created on late March 2016, called the iPhone SE with a new color, rose gold.
Tech Specs Edit
Memory: 1 GB
GPS System: Assisted GPS and GLONASS, Digital compass, Wi-Fi, Cellular.
iSight camera: 8 megapixels with 1.5µ pixels, f/2.2 aperture, sapphire crystal lens cover, True-Tone flash, backside-illumination sensor, five-element lens, and hybrid IR filter
Facetime camera: 1.2MP (1280 by 960), 720p HD video recording, and backside-illumination sensor
Video recording: 1080p HD video recording, 30 fps, True-Tone flash, slo-mo video, and 3x zoom
Intelligent Assistant: Siri
Touch ID: Fingerprint ID sensor built into the home button
Battery power: Built-in rechargable lithium battery, 250 hours standby time, 10 hours talk time, 10 hours Internet, 40 hours audio playback, 10 hours video playback
Sensors: Three-axis gyro, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambiant light sensor, Touch ID
Headphone support: Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic
SIM card: Nano SIM (iPhone 5s is not compatible with existing Micro SIM cards unless it was cut by a special cutter)
- Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- Operating System: iOS 7.0 and above
- The main distinguishing hardware features from the iPhone 5 are an A7 processor with 64-bit support (RAM also 64-bit), a revolutionary iSight camera with TrueTone flash, slo-mo, Burst mode, and a f/2.2 aperture, a motion coprocessor M7, and a finger print sensor on the home button. Other features are mostly just evolutionary improvements.
- iPhone 5s runs on the new A7 chip, which can almost double your CPU speed compared to the slower A6 chip. The A7 chip makes the iPhone 5s the first 64 bit smartphone in the world. Supports OpenGL ES version 3.0 which delivers detailed graphics and complex visual effects. Available in the US from the major carriers, AT&T, Verizon Sprint, and T-Mobile. In Canada from Bell , Rogers, Koodo, Virginmobile, Fido and Telus and worldwide Here
- iPhone 5s, unfortunately, does not have the MIMO (Multi-Input Multi-Output) technology that was found on iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display. The iphone5s has an 1560mAh (li-pa).