iOS 10 is the newest version of iOS that was released on September 13, 2016, after the iPhone 7 release. It was the successer of IOS 9It features richer notifications, more accuracy on Siri, and installing stickers and enlarging messages in iMessage.
Here are some things it includes:
- Swift Playgrounds, a game where you can create your own game and learn serious code in any way. It was released with the update.
- New news app layout.
- New home wallpaper.
- Major improvements in Siri. This includes developers being able to use the new SiriAPI.
- New features in iMessage, such as bigger emojis, Digital Touch (as seen in the Apple Watch Series 1), an iMessage App Store, and others.
- New home app, where you can control your own HomeKit accessories.
- New Apple Music layout.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
- iPhone 6s users can use 3D Touch on notifications so they can reply to messages more quickly.
- On an iPad, you can now have a Split Screen view of 2 websites in Safari.
- You could delete some apps that you don't want such as home, news, etc.
- Animation in iMessage.
Below is a list of iPhones, iPads, and iPods that are compatible with iOS 10.
- iPhone 5 (limited Features)
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C (limited Features)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad (4th generation) (limited Features)
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPad Pro (9.7 inch)
With the release of iOS 10, Apple dropped support for multiple devices with an A5 or A5X chip. Below is a list of iPhones, iPads, and iPods that are not compatible with iOS 10.
- This is the first iOS version to remove the slide to unlock feature and replace the unlocking thing on a separate page.
- This is the first iOS version to have 3D Touch on the notifications for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users.
- This is the first iOS version to feature Siri integrating with iOS apps more than ever.
- This is the first iOS version to have a separate app to control HomeKit products.